- The payment is paid by the head of the household for each member .
- The payment is equal to four madd, equal to amount of food that can fit in your hands when you cup them together to scoop food.
- We are currently NOT accepting Zakat al-Fitr
Zakat al-Mal (Purification of Wealth) is a cyclic charity based on the amount of wealth owned by a Muslim individual or organization.
- This payment is obligatory upon any Muslim individual or organization that has completed the requirement of nisab over one hijrah calendar year.
- The payment is 2.5% out of the total wealth deemed for zakat.
- Nisab is the equivalent value of 3 oz. of gold. Check here to calculate Zakat.
Zakat al-Fitr (Purification of Body) is a cyclic charity paid by every able Muslim and their dependents during Ramadhan before the Eid-ul-Fitr prayer.